Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Dragonfly Quilt

I love making quilts! About 5 yrs ago, a friend and I bought a pattern for an adorable baby quilt with dragon flies and lady bugs. I decided to try and make one and this is the result...the cutest quilt ever! I still have to put a border around the white eyelet so that it will be a crib size quilt but I am totally in love with it! I love the colors, I love the fact that the baby that ends up with this blanket can play with the wings since they aren't completely attached, and I love how easy yet time consuming it was. There are a few finishing touches to make like antenna and tacking the heads down and of course quilting it but all in all...it was a fun project. (The lady bug quilt is next on my agenda...pics coming soon!)




5 comments:

carrie said...

I just love it!

Radfords said...

WHY WHY WHY are you soooo talented??? That is seriously the cutest blanket! FANTASTIC work B. Rig! :)

Britney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britney said...

Britt,that turned out so good! I still have that pattern but I have never made it. I am so impressed. You are very talented, can't wait to see what's next :)

The Christensen Family said...

You are one talented lady! I love your cute picture of your family!


Riley loves to help Dad use the tools

Before we knew it both hands were in the cake and he loved it

Riley's first birthday and he isn't sure about the hat