Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Husband

So, I really miss my husband today. Church is harder without him. Riley and Carter wouldn't sit still for a minute during sacrament meeting which included the finale of Riley opening a pack of fruit snacks that exploded all over the chapel. I did however laugh really hard so I guess it was okay.
We miss him so much. The boys miss having someone to jump on and terrorize. They miss someone to play ball with and chase them around the house. They miss someone who tells the best stories every night while they lay in bed. They miss someone who always seems to be happy and bring the best out in us all.
I miss him. I miss staying up late with him watching a show or laying in bed and talking about whatever comes to mind. I miss the feeling of anticipation every night for the moment when he comes home as we all watch out the window for his car. I miss the laughter and joy he brings me everyday as he teases and laughs with me. I miss snuggling with him at night.
I really miss him and hope he knows how much I love him and am grateful that he works so hard to take care of us. I miss everything about him. He is so good for me in so many ways and I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without him.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Where is he? Rex is gone a lot on fires and I miss him too, it seems like everyday is soooo long without a hubby at home. I am always thinking of you and miss you so much!! Hang in there!!

Brittany Rigby said...

Dusty has been gone on trips for work. Ten days is a long time to be alone. He is back though; thank goodness! How are you guys doing? How is the job hunt? When is Baby Basting #3 on the way? We really should just call each other but we might be on the phone all day if we did! You look like you are doing great and super happy! I miss you!


Riley loves to help Dad use the tools

Before we knew it both hands were in the cake and he loved it

Riley's first birthday and he isn't sure about the hat