Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Boys

My boys sometimes drive me crazy and sometimes the only thing that get me through the day is the fact that I know they will be going to bed soon. However, I want to brag about my two little boys.

Riley is so sweet. He tries constantly to make me smile or "happy" as he calls it and has a figured out things to accomplish that task. He opens my car door for me, he laughs in my face until I start laughing, and he gives me his killer smile until I can't possibly be mad at him any more. The other night I left their room for a minute while putting them to bed, I came back upstairs and heard Carter crying because I had left and Riley singing "I Am A Child of God" and "Old McDonald" in order to make Carter feel better. And he sometimes comforts Carter after Carter has just gotten into trouble by telling him that everything is okay.





Carter is crazy! (and I mean that in the best possible way.) That kid never stops moving, not even for naps. He loves his older brother and copies practically everything Riley does. He also has a killer smile but usually only shows is off when he is doing something he isn't supposed to, which , lets face it, is most of the time. He loves to tease and is always looking for a chance to tease someone. He has the best laugh and I sometimes do anything I can think of to make him laugh just so I can hear it.



Both my boys play with other children really well and have lots of friends in the neighborhood. They are always dirty and sometimes go through a couple of pairs of clothes a day. In fact, I am pretty sure that dirt is why they have survived this long; it must do them more good than I realize. They are curious about everything and love their dad more than words can describe. All in all, I am pretty lucky. I have good kids who are happy and healthy and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.


This picture is just for fun because it is so funny. They love watermelon!


While writing the post I heard them laughing so I went to see what they were doing. This is what I found...an entire box of crackers dumped on the mattress and floor. They thought it was really funny. I don't.


No comments:


Riley loves to help Dad use the tools

Before we knew it both hands were in the cake and he loved it

Riley's first birthday and he isn't sure about the hat